Tesla is an American Automotive company well known for their Electric Vehicles, Trucks, Solar Panels, batteries and more. The company is currently based in Austin, Texas and it was founded back in July 2003. Similarly, it’s regarded as one of the most valuable automaker in the world with market capitalization of over $900 billion. And, Tesla currently has Elon Musk serving as its CEO since 2008.
Unfortunately, Tesla hasn’t officially launched its Electric Vehicles in our country Nepal. But, Shreema Distributors and ARETE international imported seven Tesla electric Vehicles in Kathmandu back in 2020. Specifically, they imported four Model X Long Ranges and three Model-3 Standard Ranges at the end of first COVID-19 lockdown. It’s also reported that five of the seven vehicles have already been sold off as well. And, there are many customers who have pre-booked their own Tesla Electric Vehicles.
Fortunately, the Government of Nepal has also brought many subsidies for kick starting electrification in the country. And, this has brought down the overall cost of Tesla Electric Vehicles by a lot in the country. Also, Tesla Electric Vehicles have better features and lower maintenance cost compared to their gas powered competitors. So, it’s one of the best automobiles that one can purchase considering the current gas prices. Also, it’s unknown until when the current Government subsidies will remain. Hence, it’s worth purchasing Tesla if you’re in the market for an Electric Vehicles.
Tesla Electric Cars Available in Nepal:
Tesla Model 3 Standard Range
- Battery and Range: 50kWH, 354Km
- Power: 201hp and 350Nm torque
- Top Speed: 210 Km/h
- Passenger Capacity: 5
- of Airbags: 5
- Features: Electronic Stability Control, ABS with Driveline Traction Control, Front and rear parking sensors, backup camera, Restricted Driving Modes, Child Safety locks, low tyre pressure warnings etc.
- Current Price: NRs. 1.2 – 1.47 crore
Tesla Model X Long Range
- Battery and Range: 75kWH, 383Km
- Power: 328bhp and 660Nm torque
- Kerb Weight: 2300Kg
- Passenger Capacity: 6
- of Airbags: 6
- Features: Side Impact Beams, ABS with Driveline Traction Control, Front and rear parking sensors, Blind Spot and lane keeping assists, Restricted Driving Modes, Child Safety locks, low tyre pressure warnings etc.
- Current Price: NRs. 2.05 – 2.65 crore
Currently, prospective buyers in Nepal can purchase their own Tesla Electric Vehicle from their showroom located at Durbarmarg, Kathmandu. Similarly, uses can also contact them through their number at: 9801166699 or Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TeslaMotorsNepal/. However, it’s worth noting that there is no supercharging station in the country. So, users have to rely on their home outlet to charge their Tesla Eclectic Vehicle which can degrade the experience.